Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Police Records

Fingerprint/Police Record Policy:

The US Embassy is not a law enforcement agency and can neither take fingerprints (outside of an application for a visa) nor issue a “Certificate of Good Conduct”.

However, US citizens can contact the police department in the state where they last resided or request a copy of their FBI record.

Find Instructions for an FBI record request on the FBI Bureau.

Additional information on criminal record checks is available in the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs.